Written by Humindian
For those who want to stand out in the crowd, General Motors, India has launched its premium hatchback Chevrolet Sail U-VA, priced between Rs 4.44 lakh and Rs 6.62 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). "Armed with a dual-port chrome grille and golden bowtie and crafted with a sharp attention to detail, its sporty aerodynamic contours, flared wheel arches, hawk wing style headlamp design, muscular rear flanks and many other stylish touches are indicative of classic styling."
10 Interesting facts about Chevrolet SAIL U-VA
- The car will be available in both petrol and diesel options. While the petrol version will be powered by a 1.2-litre engine, the diesel variant will have a 1.3-litre engine.
- The petrol option of the car will be available in four variants between Rs 4.44 lakh and Rs 5.58 lakh. The diesel variants will be available in three options priced between Rs 5.87 lakh and Rs 6.62 lakh.
- The car will come in seven colours: Super Red, Switchblade Silver, Summit White, Caviar Black, Linen Beige, Sandrift Grey and Misty Lake.
- The Sail U-VA is priced Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 lower than the Swift.
- Main Indian market competitors for Sail U-VA will be Maruti Swift, the Hyundai i20, the Toyota Liva and the Volkswagen Polo.
- The company claims the diesel engine can do 22.1 km per litre, while the petrol variant can cover 18.2 km in a litre.
- The eye catching 12 spoke - 14 inch alloy wheels boost its aggressive and sporty stance.
- SAIL U-VA offers 1134 Litres of boot space with the rear seats folded down. Added to that the 60:40 split folding rear seat allows for a flexible space arrangement.
- Individual electronically adjustable OSRVMs (Outside Rear-View Mirrors) provide a better front and overall view.
- The fuel tank has been placed centrally in the car, thus protecting it from side-on collisions.