ads by google
Here's a great place on the web now to stash your stuff - documents, photos, music, videos, etc. all in one place! And, this unique service is launched by none other than the king of internet- Google itself!
We're talking about "Google Drive" which is a cloud-based storage service; a place where users can create, share, collaborate, and keep all their stuff.
Though there are a few similar services floating around the web world for some time like, Microsoft's SkyDrive, Apple's iCloud, Evernote, and Box, however, Google has a lot more to offer!
10 Things That You Must Know About Google Drive
- Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service; a place where users can create, share, collaborate, and keep all their stuff.
- Within file size and space limits, users can store any file or folder, which they can store on their hard drives, in a cloud drive like, PDFs, music files, word documents, excel sheets, powerpoint presentations, videos and so on.
- If a user runs the free Google Drive application, he will get a folder on his computer (Windows or OSX) where he can drag his files in to. Any data stored in that folder is kept on your hard disk and is also copied to account in the cloud. Users can anytime, anywhere access those files from drive.google.com or from other computers, including mobile devices.
- The best part is that Google Drive offers 5 GB of free space on the internet to store your stuff!!
- You can upgrade! It's $2.49/month for 25GB, $4.99/month for 100GB, and $49.99 a month for a 1TB. If you move to a premium account, Google Drive also automatically expands your Gmail storage to 25GB.
- Google Drive syncs with your mobile devices and your computer, so if you make a change from one gadget, it will automatically show up if you were to access it elsewhere.
- Users can also attach photos from Drive to posts in Google+. According to Google, users will soon be able to attach stuff from Drive directly to emails in Gmail.
- Google Docs is also included into Google Drive, so you can work with your friends, colleagues etc, in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- You may not have immediate access to Google Drive. Initially, if you go to the Google Drive Page, you'll see that it displays, "Your Google Drive is not ready yet." And when you click the 'Notify' button , it states: We'll email you at ******@gmail.com (your email address) when your Google Drive is ready.
- You can also move entire folders in your Google Drive.
Watch this Google Drive Official Video to know more:
How to Get Access to Google Drive?
ads by google
Here's an interesting read at CNET.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions about Google at http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57420402-93/the-google-drive-faq/
Information Compiled by Monita Sharma