The Best bookmaker bet365 Bonus
- Category: Articles
- Written by Super User
- Dara Singh was born in a Jat Sikh family to Balwant Kaur and Surat Singh Randhawa on 19th November 1928 at a village named, Dharmoochak in the Amritsar district of Punjab.
- He worked at his Farm as a kid and was encouraged to study Pehlwani for his massive physique.
- He wrestled on invitation of kings of Indian princely states and wrestled frequently in haats melas professional wrestlers in the United States
- In the world of wrestling, he competed against some of the greatest names like King Kong (Australia), George Gordienko (Canada), John Desilva (New Zealand) and others.
- His Last tournament where he announced his retirement was held in Delhi, inaugrated by Rajiv Gandhi (Prime minister of India at that time) and the winning trophy was presented by then President of India, Giani Zail Singh.
- Singh included over 500 professional fights to his credit, all undefeated. After his retirement from wrestling in 1983, the Commonwealth wrestling champion then turned towards showbiz in 1952 with Sangdil.
- He went on to star in many films later on, including King Kong, Faulad, Dara singh: Ironman(1964), Daku Mangal Singh Warrant
- He remains as the Action King of Bollywood of the 1960s and 1970s, and believed to have started the trend of Taking the shirt off.
- Even though most of his films were relegated to a B-grade category, Singh made special appearances in mainstream films like Mera Naam Joker, Ajooba, Dillagi, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Jab We Met
- He made a large number of Hindi and Punjabi films which had him in the lead.
- Mumtaz was the only actress, who agreed to work with Dara Singh as his heroine and shared screen space with him as many as 16 times. Actresses of his times refused to work with him because of his huge physique.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, he went on to doing television, where he played the role of Lord Hanuman in the television adaptation of the Hindu epic 'Ramayan' which made Dara Singh a household name.
- Filmmaker Manmohan Desai paid Singh an unusual compliment when he signed him for Mard.
"Amitabh Bachchan is playing the title role of Mard. I was wondering who could be his father... If Amitabh plays Mard, then his father can be Dara Singh only. This is why I took Dara Singh in the film," Desai had said.
- He was also nominated member of Rajya Sabha by Bhartiya Janata Party during August 2003 – August 2009.
- From his first marriage, he has a son Parduman Singh Randhawa and from his second marriage he has five children – two sons and three daughters including TV and film actor Vidhu Dara Singh.
Source: http://wikipedia.org and zeenews