The Best bookmaker bet365 Bonus
- Category: Madhu's Zone
- Written by Madhumita Nayyar
Chicken ·pieces with or without bones - 1 kg
Basmati rice (soaked in water for 1/2 hour) - 1 kg
Onions - 300 gms cut into thin slices
Bay leaves (Tej patta) - 5 to 6 leaves
Cloves (laung) - 6 to 8
Shajeera - 1 t.spoon
Cinnamon sticks 1” each (Dal Cheeni) - 3
Black peppercorns (Kali mirchi Sabut) – 8-10
Black Cardamom ( Badi Elachi) ·- 4-6
Fresh Mint Leaves( Poodina) - 1 bunch, cleaned , washed & chopped
Cashew nuts & almonds – ½· a cup (optional)
Milk - 2 tb.spoons
Saffron (Kesar)· - a few strands
Ghee - 1 1/2 cups
Marinate the chicken (for 1 to 1 ½ hours)
Wash the chicken pieces and add to it
- Ginger garlic paste – 3-4 tb.spoons
- Shajeera powder - 2 spoon
- Jeera powder – 3-4 spoon
- Cinnamon powder - 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 small spoon
- Green chilli paste – 3-4 tb. Spoon
- Thick curd (beaten)- 2-3 cups
- Salt according to taste
- Fresh coriander & mint leaves finely chopped
Mix everything well with your hands so that the meat is well coated with the spices & curd mixture. Leave for an hour.
- First warm the milk & dip the strands of saffron.
- In a karhai add ghee, heat & fry the onion slices. Once the onions turn crisp & brown take them out. Fry the nuts a little just to give them some colour.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan & heat the remaining ghee. Add the whole spices (bay leaves, peppercorns, cardamoms etc.). As soon as the spices start spluttering add in the marinated chicken & cook on low flame. Keep stirring from time to time with a light hand so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. In another pan add water, half a tea spoon salt & the soaked rice & cook till half done (when you press the rice grain it should have a solid grain &should not be completely cooked). Drain & leave to drain out any water left. Add a little ghee to the rice.
- As soon as the meat is almost cooked( not completely cooked) take it off the hit & keep it in a plate.
- Now in the same pan in which the chicken was cooked spread some chicken topping it with rice. On that add some ghee & a sprinkling of the chopped coriander, mint, nuts & saffron milk. Then repeat the process again till the chicken & rice are over. (The top layer should be of rice, nuts & chopped coriander, mint & saffron milk). Then add the crisp brown onions. Close the lid. You can tighten it up by covering with dough of flour & then cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Once done serve garnished with hard boiled eggs cut into roundels or halves. Accompaniments can be raita, salad & korma
So you see how easy it is to do up the meal & I can assure you all your guests will love you for the food & keep on coming back for more.
So happy partying!!