The Best bookmaker bet365 Bonus
- Category: Other-lifestyle articles
- Written by Super User
World's easiest recipe to make spongy and delicious Khaman Dhokla is here! Try out this wonderful Dhokla recipe at Humindian and enjoy!!
Duration: 20 minutes
Serving: 15 dhoklas (approx)
- 1 cup besan (Gram Flour)
- 1/4 cup Sooji (Semolina or cream of wheat)
- 1/2 Tablespoon ENO or baking powder or fruit salt
- 3/4 cup Curd
- A little amount of water to mix everything
- 1/4 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric poweder
To make the special tempering (the water sprayed over the cooked dhoklas):
- 3 lemons
- 3 table spoons sugar
- Salt according to taste
- 4 green Chillies
- Few Black Mustard (Kaali Sarson) seeds
- Water- 1 glass
- A Rectangular cake making aluminium dish, size about 7.5inch x 4inch x 2inch- if you're using gas; for "microwave"- any microwave container
- A bowl to mix everything
- A pan for tadka.
Method (with Microwave)
- Mix thoroughly besan, sooji, ENO, curd, salt, turmeric powder and water in the microwavable container.
- Place this container in the microwave for 4 minutes at full power.
- Now take the container out, invert it on a flat plate to take out the dhokla.
- Cut this dhokla with a knife into cubes. They should be between 12-15 in this amount of mixture.
To make the tempering:
- Take 2 tsp oil in a pan and put it on medium heat.
- When the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves to it.
- Also add the juice of the lemons and sugar into the pan.
- Add 1 glass of water when everything is stir fried.
- Pour this tangy-tasty water over the dhoklas and enjoy!!!
- Take the cake making rectangular dish and greese it with butter or ghee.
- Fill this dish with the mixed material and keep stirring vigorously.
- Take a flat bottom wide skillet. Pour 2 cups of water. Invert a cake making empty dish on the base of the skillet.
- Place this dish on the inverted dish in the skillet. Cover the skillet with a plate and put it on medium heat. Let the water in the skillet boil for 8-10 minutes. Switch off the heat and let the skillet stand for another 10 minutes.
- (Basically, you have to steam the mixture for about 15 minutes. This skillet method is just one of the easiest ways to do that)
- Invert the baking dishes on a flat plate to take out the dhoklas. Cut with a knife into as cubes. They should be between 12-15 in this amount of mixture.
- If the khaman dhoklas become hard, put the cut pieces in microwave for a few seconds before serving, They will become soft and spongy.