Lal Gajar ka cake (a carrot cake), Shami Kababs, a Biriyani (with raita and salad and multi grain bread) and a yummy plum cake!! What Madhu did for Christmas party, you can do it for the New Year Celebrations!! Take inspiration from Madhu's Christmas party menu and make your New year a special, memorable and a healthy one!! So, here we go....
Hello, Hi, Namaste!!!
Really tired after a wonderful Christmas celebration. Every year all the neighbourhood kids of my campus come together at my place & we all celebrate Christmas together. It’s an annual event much eagerly looked forward to by the kids as well as by me. It is so much fun with children, but deciding the menu is so difficult because it is so very difficult to cater to the tastes of the lil ones but also take care of the nutritional values. So I decided upon a Lal Gajar ka cake (a carrot cake, because most kids like cake but a few do not like gajar ka halwa), Shami Kababs & a Biriyani (with raita & salad & multi grain bread). I did do a plum cake too but here I am not sharing the recipe. I will do that later.
You too can try this menu for a kiddoz party or even for your friends & just keep counting the number of compliments you receive. So here we go.
Let me start with: Lal Gajar Ka Cake
LAL GAJAR KA CAKE: This is a simple & “fatafat” (can be done in a jiffy) recipe but tastes yummy.
FOR THE CAKE
Fresh Red Carrots …….. washed, peeled & grated 2 cups
Pineapples …………….. fresh or canned 400- 450 grams diced & crushed
Orange rind grated ---- 1 – 1 ½ t. spoonfuls
Self raising flour------- 2 cups. If it is whole meal flour the better (you can get it at any good departmental store). In case you do not get self raising flour you can use all purpose flour & 1 teaspoon baking soda along with 1 ½ tea spoons of baking powder.
Unsalted butter / vegetable oil----1/2 – ¾ cup
Castor sugar------------------------ 1 cup or ¾ cup (depending upon your sweet tooth)
Cinnamon powder----------------- 1 t.spoonful
Toasted walnuts, almonds etc. -----a handful or half a cup, chopped
Nutmeg & mace powder----------1/2 or ¾ t.spoonful (you can add ½ a spoon of mixed spice powder if u can get hold of)
Since it is for Christmas so for the:
Cream cheese---------------250 gm
Icing sugar----------------1/2 cup
Orange juice---------------2 spoonfuls
Orange rind---------------grated 1 t.spoonful
2. Grease and line a 25 x 15cm loaf tin or two 23x5 cm pans
3. Beat the eggs till light & frothy
4. Put all the cake ingredients (carrot, pineapple, rind, flour, oil, eggs, sugar & spices) into a large bowl and mix well with a fork. Add the vanilla & fold in the chopped, toasted nuts.
5. Now with the help of a spatula spread the mixture evenly in the tin and bake for 45 -50minutes. To check insert a toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean the cake is done.
6. Take the cake out from the oven, & leave it to cool on a wire rack.
8. Spread topping onto carrot loaf. Or if you have made two of them place one of them on the dish. Spread a little of the topping, about 1/3rd & gently place the second one on it & then spread the rest of the icing or topping on top as well as the sides (as you desire). Garnish with a few toasted nuts & then wait for your guests to arrive or cut off a slice & enjoy. Yummy, easy and nutritious!
I am sure you all will love it!!! :)
Next in the Menu: