Really easy to make & is nutritious. Can be had with rotis or paranthas or as a snack also. It is basically a mince meat Pattie.
FOR THE FILLING
1. Add 4-5 cups of water to the meat, soaked chana dal ( lentils), curd/ yogurt, all· dry spices, ginger & garlic. Boil on medium heat till the water has dried up & the meat is tender. In case some water is left you can always sieve & drain out the excess water & then let it cool. Do not overcook
2. Mix the chopped onion, ginger, chopped coriander leaves & mint leaves & chopped green chillies.
3. Grind the meat & dal mixture into a paste. Beat the eggs, add to the mixture & mix well.
4. Wet your palm, take a little mixture, place it in the centre & shape it into a ball. Press the centre with your thumb to make a small hole & add in the filling mixture(choppedcoriander,ginger,onion,chillies,mint)choppedcoriander,ginger,onion,chillies,mint). You can add the nuts & raisins in case you are using & then carefully fold over the sides & smoothen it into a flattened round shape. Make as many balls as you can (depends upon the shape).
5. Heat a heavy based frying pan. Add ghee or vegetable oil enough to cover the surface & fry on low heat. Once the shami turns to a golden colour on one side turn & do the same with the other side.· You can even fry on a tawa (griddle)
6. Serve the crisp & hot golden brown kababs with green chutney made with fresh green coriander & mint & roundels of thinly sliced onions.
Now, comes the turn of yummy Chicken Biriyani·
Previous- Carrot Cake