The Best bookmaker bet365 Bonus
- Category: Indian Recipe Videos
- Written by Super User
Bengali Rasgullahs or Roshgullas is an extremely delectable dessert of Eastern India, that though finds its origins in the state of West Bengal, but due to its delightful taste and mouthwatering preparation, it’s now famous allover India. Interestingly, it can be prepared easily at home. All you need is one or two lemons, milk and kewra/rose essence. Let’s learn how the Bengali Rasgullahs can be prepared at home in 3 easy steps:
- Prepare Chhena or Paneer (Indian Cheese):
Ingredients required for the preparation of Chhena or Paneer:
- 6 Cups of whole milk
- Two lemons approx. (If the lemons are very big, then one will also suffice). If you can’t find lemons, you may also use, 1 tsp citric acid or 1/4th cup curd or yoghurt.
- 1/4th cup water
- A few drops of Kewra or rose essence (optional)
- 2 tablespoon maida or all purpose flour (This is completely optional. In this recipe we will avoid using it)
- A strainer
- A muslin Cloth
Method for making Paneer:
- Keep the milk on the gas for boiling.
- As soon as the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice mixed in 1/4th cup of water, a little at a time, while stirring the milk continuously.
- In about 2-3 minutes, the milk will start curdling (precipitating) out of the milk.
- Just strain the precipitated paneer using a strainer
- Pour it on the muslin cloth and squeeze it well. Make sure, that you squeeze to a point, when the paneer is neither too dry nor too mositurzied.
See the video below in which all the above mentioned steps are performed to prepare the paneer:
- Knead the Paneer and make small balls of it for making rashgullas.
Just knead the paneer well. You can test it if it’s ready for making rasgullahs, by rolling a small portion of it in between your palms, and see whether the ball is coming out smooth and not breaking. The right amount of moisture in this paneer, is the key to the making of perfect Rasgullahs. So, till the time, you don’t get it soft, just keep kneading, pressing, folding the paneer. When the paneer is ready, make 7-8 balls of it. The balls should be half the size of the rasgullahs that you actually want to serve or eat, as during pressure cooking, the rasgullahs will expand and become double the original size.
Preparation of the Syrup:
For syrup, you need about 4 cups of water and 3 cups of Sugar.
- Boil water and sugar together in a pressure cooker. Don’t yet cover the cooker.
- When the mixture has come to the boil, add the prepared paneer balls in it and close the pressure cooker.
- After one whistle, simmer the gas, and let the rasgullas pressure cook for abot 5-7 minutes.
- Then, turn off the gas, wait for a minute, and pour cold water over the pressure cooker, so that all its steam is evacuated.
- Open the pressure cooker, take the rasgullas (now double size after pressure cooking) and transfer them to a bowl along with the syrup.
- Serve them chilled. (Refrigerator for about 3-4 hours).
Your tasty rasgullahs are ready!! :)