Made from "Rossogulla" or rasgulla, Rasmalai is an East Indian dessert that's now popular all over India. It's a delightful dish that's prepared by soaking paneer balls in a sweet milk cream with a dash of cardamom powder. Let's learn how to prepare this delicious bengali recipe- Rasmalai. Here we go:
Video of Rasmalayi :
Step 3: Make Malai for Rasmalai
- 8-9 Bengali Rasgullas
- 5-6 crushed pistas
- 5-6 crushed almonds
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar or, according to taste.
- 1/4th cup milk powder
- Kewra essence (optional)
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- Squeeze the rasgullahs and keep them aside.
- Pour the milk into a non-stick pan and bring it to a boil.
- Then on a medium heat, keep stirring the milk till it reduces to about 2 cups.
- Then add sugar and mix it well.
- Then add milk powder and mix it well
- Then add cardamom powder, and kewra essence together.
- And finally, add the squeezed rasgullah patties in the milk mixture and cook it for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer them into a bowl, refrigerate for about 3-4 hours and serve.
Your tasty Rasmalayis are ready. Enjoy!!