The Best bookmaker bet365 Bonus
- Category: Other-lifestyle articles
- Written by Monita Sharma
Hello Humindians :) Here, I am sharing with you 'four not-to-miss refreshing Indian drinks that are not just easy to prepare but also, very healthy too. So, here we go..
Four ultra-cool summer chillers....Enjoy!
Very popular summer drink in North India. Especially effective, against heat stroke.
image source: kitchenartistry.com
- 1/2 kg raw mangoes
- Sugar to taste
- Black/Rock Salt to taste
- A pinch of Powdered black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna hua jeera powder)
- Handful of Mint leaves
- 3-4 glasses of water.
- Peel and wash mangoes.
- Cut mangoes into pieces.
- In a pressure cooker, put the mango pieces along with the seeds and boil for 5 mins.
- pulp the mango with a spoon.
- Place the pulp in a deep bowl.
- Add water, sugar, salt, chili and cumin.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in the mint and whisk again.
- Transfer it to a jug.
- Serve chilled with crushed ice.
image source: http://sinfullyspicy.com
Thandaai is a very refreshing spicy cold drink made with Almonds and a lot of other healthy spices. It's known to sharpen brain and keep the mind alert and healthy.
- 1/2 cup almonds (badam)
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 green cardamom
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper kali mirch
- 1 tablespoon saunf
- 2 tablespoon khuskhus
- Soak almonds in water for at least 6 hours and then, peel off their skin.
- Grind black pepper, saunf, khus khus, and cardamoms (hari ilaychi)
- Blend the almonds into a paste using a bit of water
- In the same blender add the grinded spices and about ½ cup of water with almond paste. Blend until creamy.
- Add 1 cup of water and sugar blend until sugar dissolve.
- Strain the mix through the fine strainer or cheesecloth.
- Return the left over ground paste to the blender with rest of the water.
- Blend again and extract the liquid once more.
- Discard remaining ground mash.
- Mix the almond liquid, milk, and rose water.
- Thandai is ready
- Serve over the crush ice.
- Garnish with rose petals
image source: indiamarks.com
Lassi is a very popular drink in the Indian states of Punjab and Haryana. It is known for its refreshing and hydrating properties. Whether sweetened with sugar or salted, or masala, this drink helps cool the body and cure summer dehydration problems.
- Yoghurt (Dahi)- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies- 2 nos
- Coriander leaves(chopped)- 1 tsp
- Ginger grated - 1 tsp
- Mint Leaves/Pudina(chopped) - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2-3
- Fenugreek/Methi powder- 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Jeera powder -1/4 tsp
Grind all the masala ingredients in a blender. Then add, yoghurt,salt and water and blend till froth comes up.Serve cold. Lassi should be thicker and frothy. You can also add Ice if you want to.
ads by google
Add some spice to your usual "neembu paani"...and feel the difference yourself!!
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 glasses of water
- 1 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 tsp powdered roasted Cumin Seeds (bhura hua jeera powder)
- 1 tablespoon Amchoor
- Juice of 4 lemons
Grind the mint leaves, lemon juice and all the spices into a paste. Add the water. Mix everything well and serve 4 glasses of this super-tasty, healthy and very very refreshing drink!!
Note: The recipe of Mint Lemonade that I am sharing with you is almost the same as Jaljeera. If you want to have Jaljeera, just add a li'l bit amchoor more and garnish the drink with 'namkeen boondi' (the one that's used in Raita). Also, reduce the quantity of sugar by half.
My pick: Of these, the first one (Aam panna) is my personal favorite; however, when I am at my laziest self or just running out of time or mangoes, I almost always end up falling on the last one (mint lemonade)!
ads by google
More in "Beat the Heat" Series:
- Un-Tan your skin -Get rid of the sun tan.
- Are you using Sunscreen or Sunblock?
- What's SPF? How much is best for me?
- Get rid of those Sunburns and rashes