Written by Monita Sharma
Hello young ladies! Let's begin the hair care regime before the D-Day arrives and flaunt our gorgeous tresses just the way we want! :) Here's a wedding hair care tutorial that I prepared (by my own experience after having seen three close weddings in the family, and with the help of a cosmetologist friend of mine who also runs a beauty salon in Mohali, India).
First of all, just remember that the condition of your hair speaks volumes about your internal equilibrium. Whether you’re taking a balanced diet, suffering from an illness, stressed or happy, all can be easily judged by taking a look at the state of your hair.
The major reasons that contribute towards hair damage are pollution, bad diet, extreme weather changes, stress and excessive usage of harsh chemical products. Other factors can be, genetics, poor blood circulation and certain lifestyle issues.
No matter what state your hair is in, we advise you to improve its condition before marriage. Why? As I said earlier, it reflects a great deal on your personality type and the kind of lifestyle that your’e leading. So, make sure you get the following remedies and treatments done before the D-Day to make your hair look healthy, gorgeous and bright.
Step 1: General Rules to keep your hair in a healthy condition:
- First it is important to figure out which category your hair falls into. Is it Oily, Normal or Dry? Once you’ve done this, it becomes easier to take care of them!
- Dry: looks dull, has split ends, damages easily, breaks easily.
- Oily: becomes greasy if not washed daily, looses it's shine
- Combination: oily at the roots, but dry and damaged towards the ends.
- Normal: doesn't have many problems, usually looks shiny. This type may not need a hair mask.
- Avoid the use of blow dryers, hair straightening products and hair styling products like chemical gels, mousse and sprays as far as possible. You may use the herbal versions of them, if available.
- Make sure that you’re taking apt amount of protein in your diet. Include dahi- plain yoghurt, fresh vegetables, eggs and amla in your diet. It’s great if you begin your day with a glass of amla juice.
- Don’t comb your hair when they’re wet. It results in the breakage because the wet hair is quite delicate and fragile.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to entangle your hair instead of a hair brush.
- Wash your hair at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Do deep-condition your hair once a week using hot-oil hair therapy. If you have oily hair, do it atleast once a month.
- Do a hair spa at home using natural ingredients once a week. Learn how to do hair spa at home.
- Drink lots of water. At least 8 glasses per day.
- You may go for professional spa treatment as well before 3-4 days of your wedding. But for the previous 3-4 months, do the home remedies only.