These are just the written updates of the Pawan Sinha ji's shows on Aajtak/Tez Channel, for the benefit of common people. The official website of Pawan Sinha ji is here: paavanchintandhara.com
- Category: Astro Uncle Episodes
- Written by Super User
The Navratras (or Navratri) are considered very auspicious time of the year and they can bring the desired results to you, provided you know how to do the pooja in the correct way.
First of all, the day before Navratras, i.e. the last day of Pitra Paksha (Shraadh), clean your house properly. Begin this after sun set. Wipe the floor with a mop and use salt in the water for mopping.
In the corner of the pooja room, draw Rangoli with wheat flour and Roli of any shape. However, the preferred shape is an inverted triangle. This rangoli will be used as an aasan to keep the idol of Goddess Durga. If you can’t make Rangoli, you can also use an aasan of Yellow, White or Red cloth.
Keep these things at your pooja room a day earlier so that you don’t have to rush in the morning during the Goddess worship time.
- Deep daan- to keep Deepak (earthen lamp)
- Goddess idol or photo
- Agarbatti, Dhoop etc
- Flowers or flower garland
- Kalash with Jaun. (This is to grow khetri, although we're not sure, as Pawan ji didn't mention specifically or maybe we missed it.)
- Prasaad/Naivedhya of Cow ghee and khaand
- Paan with laung (clove)
- One piece of cloth (cotton or silk) to offer to the deity, it can be Sari, Dupatta etc.
- Satnaja (Seven types of grains/daal)
- Sandalwood powder
Method of Pooja:
Get up sharp at sun rise. See the newspaper for the local sunrise time. To get into the mood, play some bhajans. Keep Deepak daan at the left side of the Deity. Those who want to do vrat/upvaas/fast for a special purpose, must try to light Akhand jyot. But they must keep in mind, that if they’re doing this, then all of the family members can’t go out of the house together. Someone has to stay back home. Also, all those who want a special wish to get fulfilled during these navratras must not indulge in merry making and having fun during these nine days. They should keep a low profile and dress in a simple manner.
On the right side of the deity idol, keep agarbatti etc. Prepare yourself mentally to do pooja with full devotion and concentration. Dhyaan is very important. No Devi pooja is deemed complete without it. Keep kalash , jaun, coconut, as well. Do path of Durga Saptashati daily. Do it like this. First chapter then thirteenth, then 2nd, then 12th and so on. You can do two chapters a day if you want. Also read, Argala Stotra, Keelakam and Kshama Prarthna in the thirteenth chapter.
Sit upright. Bring Goddess to her Aasan. You also sit on a white or yellow aasan. Light Deepak and do aavahan of Goddess. For that, you can ring the bell continuously for a few seconds or if you can blow a Shankh, then its’ just the best. Do kalash sthapna also and sprinkle gangajal allover the worship room, on the Goddess and on yourself as well. If possible, the entire family should sit together.
Now offer white sandalwood powder to the Goddess. It should be pure. Get some grass(dhurva) and offer that too, after cleaning it properly. Then offer cotton or silk cloth to the Goddess. You can later give it to some poor woman (at the end of navratras). Then offer ornaments. Ornaments can be just flower/flower garlands too. Then offer naivadya-which should be made with khaandh (not sugar, Khaand is something different) and cow ghee. Then offer some milk. Now offer satnaja in a very small quantity. Keep increasing it every day. You can use seven different small bowls for each kind of anaaj. Now offer Paan with the laung (clove). If married, then offer two such paans. Then light agarbatti etc, do hawan using this mantra: “Om aing hreeng kleeng chamundaye vichche va durge durge rakhshini swaha”. Give 11 Aahuti. Then Offer Prasad , and sing Kshama Prarthna of 13th chapter of Durga Saptashati. Pray wholeheartedly.
Note: Durga Saptashati book should be kept respectfully.
There’s one special mantra of the Goddess which if done during navratras daily (five mala) brings immense wealth, prosperity and helps one get rid of loans too. The mantra is: “Om shreem hreem, kleem kamalvasinye swaaha”.
For bringing prosperity at home, one should set up Shree Yantra at home. And, the best time to do that is during Navratras. Considering that the Navratras of 2011 are going to be quite significant in many ways, it’s best if you establish Shree Yantra during this time. Shree Yantra can be of Sphatik, Silver or Gold etc. For domestic purposes, keep Shree Yantra of Sphatik or Silver.
How to do Shree yantra pooja?:
- There’s a detailed procedure to worship Shree Yantra. Ask some expert to energize it for you and learn the proper way to worship it daily.
- Once energized, the Yantra has to be worshipped daily. You don’t have to just light Deepak, agarbatti etc, to the Shree Yantra but dhyaan is very important too, specially, on the Dot in the middle, also known to represent, Goddess Lalita
- Shree Yantra must be kept ONLY in Satogun house. Not where people drink alcohol and eat non-veg.
- Keep it in a yellow cloth always, nicely and take care of it properly. Even if you’re traveling, you can keep it in a clean place in your bag in a wooden box. Don’t keep that bag on the floor ever. Before worship of Devi, as part of daily ritual, think of the Goddess, think of Lord Shiva, think of your Guru and think of your Parents as well. Then meditate on the dot.
- After dhyaan, do the Suktha Path also. If not daily, make it a habit of doing it on Wednesdays, Fridays and Poornimas.
- Also, using, Tulsi mala or rakt chandan beads, do mantra- “Om shree namah” 108 times. Good for getting rid of loans and bringing wealth.
- In the absence of an expert, this mantra should be chanted by ordinary people for energizing Shree Yantra (this is not full siddhi, but just the first step towards it). The mantra is- "Shreem Hreem Kleem Aing Sauh" 1008 times, during Navratras.
P.S: This is the literal translation of one of astrologer Pawan Sinha's show on Channel Tez. The show name is Pawan Sinha Live.